Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Feet

We have lift off, finally. My boy's feet are finally healing. The doctor had scheduled a second biopsy, since it seemed that the antibiotics weren't working; but when we showed up for what undoubtedly was not going to be fun, there was nothing to biopsy! Which was a really good thing, not only for my boy, but for me also, since at the last biopsy I had the choice of leaving the room or fainting. Since this time the husband wasn't able to come to the appointment, I would have to be in the room during the procedure seeing as how the kid was already scared. Anyway Doc L, who by the way looks like Lyle Lovett's younger brother, and didn't want me passing out in his office anymore than I wanted to, was really happy with the way my boy's feet were healing.

This has been going on since about the end of June and let me tell you, IT WAS NASTY! Big, ugly fluid filled blisters. Come to find out he has some kind of plant based allergy and also some genetic skin issues going on.

But for now all is clear! He's happy -- I'm happy -- everyone is happy!

No comments: