Tuesday, August 26, 2008

and it only took 3 weeks!

It only took 3 weeks for "my boy's" teacher to want to speak with me. Yesterday when I dropped him off at school, his teacher motioned me over and said "can I speak with you a moment?". Ms. Jackson wanted to inform me that "my boy" had made the comment in class that someone in a book or story they were looking at "looked like a homo".

For the next few seconds I only saw Ms. Jackson's mouth moving. The only sound I heard was the sound of my own blood rushing through my body. I'm pretty sure it's the same sound you hear right before you have a stroke.

After I composed myself I asked "my boy" what a homo was. He replied with the innocence of an 8 year old "a homeless guy ".

At least this year it took 3 weeks before a teacher needed to "speak with me".

2 comments:

Sue Wilkey said...

Oh that's awesome: homo/hobo, same thing. :)

Mine mixes up potato/tomato, but yours is a bit trickier :)

Jenny said...

You just gotta smile at that one! :)