Saturday, September 13, 2008

09/09/08 1:40 pm

I've been sick for a few days. In fact, I know the exact day and time that I contracted this bug. It was Tuesday September 9, at 1:40 pm.

I was coming up the stairs near the men's restrooms at work. A man came out of the restroom, introduced himself to me and held out his hand to shake. When I got back to my office, I sat at my desk and proceeded to put a pretzel in my mouth. It was at that very moment that the following thoughts went through my head: 1) OMG, what if he didn't wash his hands after using the bathroom 2) OMG, what if he DID wash his hands, but touched the bathroom doorknob; and 3) eewhhh!

I just knew I was going to get sick, and I did.

Anyway I'm feeling a bit better today, or at least I was, until I ventured out of the bedroom among the living. Seriously my living room looked like something out of a cartoon. Stuff was EVERYWHERE! There was actually a banana peel hanging off of the dining room table.

I decided that I really wasn't feeling better after all!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, my gosh - I so enjoy your posts! They give me a chuckle every time! I can soooo relate to your germ phobia - my sister always comments that she's never seen anyone lather soap the way I do ... a lost art, I say! LOL! Keep writing, as you are so entertaining. (smile)

Former Fat Chick said...

OMG! That is the worst part of being sick...hubby says: Don't worry stay in bed, don't do anything! Translation: We will EF up the whole freaking house and live like pigs while you are sick, then when youre better you can clean up!

Kristen Andrews said...

I do that all the time and guess what he probably didn't wash his hands something like 60% of peeps do not wash their hands yuck