Sunday, September 28, 2008

Double the Love

I had a rather large checklist for this weekend and I, for the most part, got everything done:

  • Laundry - check

  • Mop floors - check

  • Clean bathrooms - Ugh! check

  • Fit in a yoga class - change of subject

  • Fit in a run/walk - change of subject

  • Find a recipe for buttermilk cranberry scones - check

  • Actually cook a semi-healthy meal - check

  • Post on blog - check

  • Finish a project for a co-worker's wife that just had twins (well she had the twins 3 months ago. It's the thought that counts right?) - check!
Finally I finished the necklace and as usual I'm unsure of giving it as a gift. I start to second guess myself - will she like it? is it her style? do people actually like handmade gifts?

It's a sterling silver photo frame that is completely handmade by me and strung on a 18" sterling ball chain. I call it "Double the Love". The pictures can be changed just by sliding new ones in the back. That's "my boy" in the frames.

Ugh! I just don't know what to think. Anyone out there with any feedback. I'd love to hear some thoughts.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, my gosh - it's BEAUTIFUL! And ... she's going to LOVE IT - expect tears of joy! I am a huge fan of giving and receiving homemade gifts. They have so much more meaning to them, as the person making it had you in mind during its entire creation ... how special is that?

Do not second guess yourself ... the necklace is a treasure ... a lovely sentiment to mark a most joyous occasion in a woman's life ... motherhood. What a gift you have ... and it needs to be shared with others.

So, wrap it up with a bow and pass on the fruit of your talents! :)

msbelle said...

That's a truly wonderful pendant! I just love it! (got to put it on my Christmas list....)

MoppetsClosets said...

All of your photoframe pendants are absolutely beautiful...and beautifully crafted!

CarolynArtist said...

The frame is gorgeous! I love layered metals! (Your son is cute too!)