Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Boy

I ran across a blog by Amanda, a few weeks ago named Mama's Other Side. Amanda wrote some thoughts about the loss of her baby girl that were very loving and touching. Amanda's words brought me to tears and made me think how grateful I am and how much I love my boy. Like most Mothers, I'm sure there are no words to describe what I feel feel for my child.

Most days he is a sweet mama's boy who is loving, affectionate and smart. Other days he is exhausting, loud, messy and sticky; and I wouldn't trade him for the world. There are days when I feel like I just want to drive away, but I know I would only get a few miles down the road before I would missed him terribly. I couldn't love anyone or anything more.


I don't know what's up with this picture, he really doesn't have a mustache (he's only 8).

In honor of my boy, I had Nina Gibson make a custom charm for me. Nina does wonderful and creative work. Thanks Nina!

The back of the charm is stamped with my boy's name and birthdate. I've strung the charm on red leather and finished it off with a sterling lobster clasp.

Check out Nina Gibson Designs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

every once in a while my hubby and i will go on mini vacations without the kids---usually only a night or two. in the weeks leading up to the vacation, it's all i can think about and i can't wait to get away from the kids.

when vacation time comes, i usually start missing them when we are an hour away from home.

the charm is gorgeous and your boy is adorable.

Anonymous said...

thanks for reading me. I'm happy to have inspired a post for another blogger.

LazyCrazyMama said...

Oh now that is sweet :) I love the charm!